16 January 2022

Tortilis Camp

Driving through the perimeter fencing (it's only designed to keep out the larger, more dangerous animals) and up to the entrance almost reduced me to tears, I was so happy to be back.  Graeme, the manager we'd meet 4 years ago, was there to greet us and although I'd emailed a few months ago I don't think he got the message who we were.  But as soon as we mentioned Liz and Garth (managers of a camp we visited in South Luangwa Zambia in 2016) he remembered us immediately.

Apart from the seating in the bar area having been re-covered, I think everything else is just as it was before.  Unfortunately I seem to have omitted to take any photos apart from this one of a gramophone player!


The view from the main area looking towards the waterhole and Mt Kili (somewhere behind the clouds).

I'd requested Tent 1 in advance as we'd stayed in that one previously and it's nearest the waterhole and also the communal areas.

Our outside deck area.


Not the largest of rooms but perfectly adequate.


Lovely bathroom with plenty of hot water and nice fluffy towels.